Getting started with Google Apps
Google Storage Limits
Google accounts come with 30 Gigabytes of storage shared across all your Google apps. A Gigabyte is about a thousand Megabytes – so this will be sufficient for most people.
What will happen when usage reaches 100%?
The usage indicator is located at the bottom of the page. It turns red when approaching the limit. When your storage limit is reached, you will have to decide what emails or files you wish to delete. Staff email will still be archived in Postini even after an email is deleted from Gmail.
Managing your messages
Students and Staff
Manage your Gmail messages by following these simple steps.
Spam setting: add approved senders to bypass the spam folder.
Email whitelist: add IP addresses to your email whitelist not to be marked spam.
Other useful tips
- Google Apps Status & Updates
- How to stop email forwarding from Gmail to another account
- How to access Student Email
- How to forward email from Gmail to another account
- How do I use Postini Message Center (Staff only)
- What is a conflicting account?
- How do I resolve a conflicting account?
- How do I access multiple Google accounts simultaneously?
- Accessing your University Gmail account from overseas
- Managing your messages
- Setting up a new Gmail account
- Email spam handling and archiving
- How to subscribe to MQ Key dates calendar (Student)