1. Download the VMware View Open Client.
Sometimes the Ubuntu Software Centre can not find the official VMware View Client Package, only the open client. In this case install via the command line: sudo apt-get install vmware-view-client
For other Linux distributions, or if you are experiencing issues with the official download, an Open Source client is available at:
http://code.google.com/p/vmware-view-open-client/downloads/list. Please select the package that matches the distribution and architecture of the Linux installation on your device. If you need to build from the source, the VMware View Open Client is hosted on Google Code here.
2. Launch VMware View Open Client. By default on Gnome it is located under Applications > Internet > VMware View Open Client. Agree to the License agreement to continue.
3. On the screen shown below set Address of View Connection Server to win.ilab.mq.edu.au, open Options, check the "Always connect to this server at startup" box and then click continue.
3.5. Accept the iLab T&C.
4. On the screen shown below enter your OneID into the Username and Password fields, set Domain to MQAUTH and then click OK.
5. On the screen shown below select iLab, select your Display size and then click Connect.
6. Congratulations! You are using iLab.