Eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
Eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to get internet access when visiting other organisations by using credentials from their own institution.
Macquarie personnel visiting other locations
- When on the campus of another participating institution find "eduroam" in the list of available wireless networks on your internet device
- Your eduroam username is your OneID followed by "@mq.edu.au" (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your eduroam password is your OneID password.
Note that eduroam provides internet access only. if you need to access OneNet resources you can combine eduroam with OneNet Anywhere to open a virtual private network connection across the internet and temporarily extend campus network access to your location.
Visitors to Macquarie University
Your institution must be an eduroam participating institution.
- When on the Macquarie University campus find "eduroam" in the list of available wireless networks on your internet device
- Your eduroam username is your Staff/Student ID followed by "@yourdomain.edu.au" (e.g. email@example.com)
- Your eduroam password is your Staff/Student password (the same one you use at your own institution)
Note that eduroam provides internet access only. if you need to access your home network you will need to seek advice from your institution to find out if they offer virtual private network access over the internet.
Your mileage may vary: eduroam service can vary by institution, so you may need location specific instructions. Within Australia and New Zealand, you may be able to find details in the eduroam tools and resources listing.