- Only dive when conditions are suitable for untethered SCUBA mode, as defined by Macquarie University as:
- Less than 10 knots of wind;
- If diving from a boat, boat safely anchored or moored;
- Current nil to slight (assess upon boat being anchored or prior to descending if diving from the shore);
- Less than 1m of swell / wave height;
- In-water visibility of 5 metres or more;
- During daylight hours.
- Not dive to depths beyond 12 metres;
- Not act as a standby diver or dive leader;
- Not dive as a restricted diver for more than one single initial period of 12 months;
- use any
- tools or lift bags
As 2.8.3 above.