- A Dive Coordinator must be at the dive site for all dive operations. The DC may act as a Diver or Dive Attendant.
- If the DC remains on the surface s/he must appoint a Dive Leader.
- If the DC dives s/he must appoint an individual to act as a DC should the need arise.
- Consideration must be taken as to when using exempt Scientific Divers in operationsas part of a dive team. They are only eligible to dive as part of student projects and are subject to other restrictions due to their experience and training.
- SSBA dive teams must comply with personnel requirements in AS2299.1 Section 5.2. The standby diver must be a Scientific Diver and meet all requirements as outlined in section 2.8, but may operate on SCUBA.