- How much information can the public portal show?
The public portal will only profile what individuals have agreed to make publicly visible to reflect their academic activity such as published research outputs, teaching, grant information and academic prizes.
- Can the public portal be set up to show non-indexed publications?
Yes, the Pure public portal will showcase all publications, not just those sourced from Scopus, Web of Science and PubMed.
- Can a timeline to publication be included in data available to the public portal with early views enabled?
Yes. It is possible to make research outputs in Pure as "In preparation".
- Can the CV function be used to produce content for grant applications (specifically by ordering multiple types of content)?
The CV function provides options to produce various types of CVs to support grant applications or for showcasing on the public portal. CV creators can choose the types of content to include from publications to awards.
- It is also possible to set up a CV to include certain content by criteria and to set it to update automatically when new content comes into Pure. An alternative is to set filters on a list of outputs records in Pure and export that to Word or Excel.
- Will the public portal show Google Scholar citations?
No. However, publication information displayed on the public portal will be harvested by Google Scholar and made searchable in Google Scholar.
- Can citations be turned off in the public portal?
Citations CAN be switched off in the public portal. Yes. That is done on a page of settings. This page is however not available in our development servers yet, it can only be enabled when the portal is added and that only happens on the production environment. Citations on the portal will be harvested from Scopus, Web of Science and Alt-metrics.
- How up to date will our publication data be?
Publications are harvested in real time so as soon as a publication is published, an alert will be sent to the researcher to verify. Alternatively, researchers can enter a basic record for any published research, sending it onward to the Library for processing and enrichment.
- Can a video be uploaded to the PURE portal and if so will it be embedded or a link?
Video links can be embedded in Pure but videos cannot be uploaded into Pure.
- Will our publication data be lost if we leave Macquarie university?
If you lose Macquarie ID you will not be able to access the system. It is possible to download all your data as files before you leave to take with you.
- Will Pure be able to get expenditure data in real time?
No. Pure will retrieve expenditure data linked to research grants from the University's finance system on a routine basis.
- Given the splitting function for academic involvement in Pure how can we ensure grants are not counted multiple times in a report?
Pure's data model allows grants to be affiliated correctly with each award holder's internal organisational units.
- Can Pure facilitate a deeper level of university wide reporting where grants are no longer reported only at C.I. level but also include collaborators?
Yes, Pure includes powerful reporting tools that are able to report on multiple affiliations across and within grant holders. This capacity also exists for other types of awards and research outputs.
- Where there are multiple C.I.s can Pure harvest and report on this information?
Yes, it is possible in Pure to report on all awardees with any role including that of chief investigator.
- Will Pure reporting be able to assist Research Active/ Productive status (for Faculty of Business and Economics)?
The answer to this question is still pending.Requirements gathering for reporting at the university is just beginning. Once business requirements are collated and matched to system capacity this response will be updated.
- Can Pure interact with Sedona (for FBE)?
IT is currently exploring this database with FBE. Generally, Pure can work with other systems by receiving data from those systems over Pure's synchornisation platform if the data in question is adequately represented in Pure's data model and if the data is supported by Pure's synchronisation framework. Other systems can also receive data from Pure over Pure's Web Service API. This will need to be explored in more detail with stakeholders.
- Will Pure support ERA 2018?
The Pure ERA 2018 module will be release for testing in February 2017. This answer will be updated then.
- Let’s assume a Research Centre has been set up in the Pure system and all members of the Centre have been listed. Will Pure be able to select and pull a feed from that individual containing only those publications/projects connected the Centre? (ie not all research output from that individual).
The Pure reporting tool is very powerful. It allows users to create various reports as long as the data and quality of data is accurate.